Senior Product Applications Engineer
Senior Product Applications Engineer
Apply CiDRA’s cutting-edge grind optimization technology to the minerals processing industry through the provision of the technology to customer specific sites, develop problem resolutions, foster strong client relationships, and provide technical support, in coordination with CiDRA regional managers and regional independent sales representatives abroad.
Candidate should have 3 plus years of experience in an industrial environment, preferable minerals processing with data analysis, including hands-on technical experience preferred. Candidate must have the ability and willingness to work and spend extended periods in the US or abroad.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Mining, Electrical, Metallurgical, Engineering discipline) required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English and preferably in Spanish.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and a data analysis software such as R or Python.
- Must be an experienced presenter, able to explain technical issues regarding CiDRA products to an audience of varied degree of understanding regarding CiDRA’s grind management products.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge and interest in mineral grinding and classification processes are highly desirable.
- Function as the technical liaison between CiDRA and CiDRA’s customers regarding the grind optimization product lines.
- Liaise with sales department to identify technical requirements and develop solutions.
- Perform applications engineering, lead and support teams during installation and service activities to customers in the mining industry.
- Write work procedures for service teams, channel partners and customers as required.
- Perform training on products and work methods.
- Analyze data and determine necessary adjustments for improved measurement.
- Liaise with sales, business development and engineering departments to identify technical issues and requirements and help develop solutions.
- Work with CiDRA’s outside consultants and inside experts to perform pre-sale and pre-installation/commissioning client-specific data analysis studies to evaluate technical feasibility of technology and problem solving when required.
- Install and commission product customer sites and confirm proper communication between equipment and systems
- Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application.
- Act as resident technological expert advisor for our products.
- Connect with customers to analyze user experience and gain constructive feedback.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of specialty (e.g., mining and instrumentation).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of each client facility and process.
- Maintain high-level expertise for CiDRA products and their application in the markets/industries that we serve.
- Create and provide technical reports with data analysis and engineering conclusions.
- Achieve prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints and problems.
- Individual must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
- Individual must be a self-starter with ability to plan, organize and execute, with high attention to detail.
- Individual must possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Occasionally attend regional trade shows to exhibit CiDRA products and author and present technical papers.
Accountability and Performance Measures:
- HSE: Zero safety, asset and environmental incidents.
- On time completion of projects.
- 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that new and existing field staff has adequate technical training and correctly following technical procedures.
- Perform field audits of technical teams to identify and correct technical deficiencies in existing procedures and/or the errors in the implementation of these procedures.
- Achievement of performance metrics as defined by annual performance appraisals.
- Take ownership of all relevant technical aspects of CiDRA’s products and service.
- Enlists support, as required, from various internal areas such as Tech Support, Product, Engineering and Sales Management.
- Must be able to pass physical exams to be accredited to perform physical work in mines.
- Must be able to work at high altitudes at high altitudes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights with the appropriate PPE and safeguards in place.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
- Spanish as a second language a plus.